Hamilton Cams 24V 188/220 Camshaft Combo for Dodge 5.9L/6.7L Cummins® with Heavy Duty Pushrods, 103 Valve Springs, and Tappets PN: 07-cc-24V188
- 188/220 Camshaft (fits 89-2018 Cummins)
- Heavy duty pushrods (oem-3000 hp)
- 103 Valve Springs
- Spring Compressor Tool
- Engine Barring Tool
- RPM Range: 1700-4500
- Drops EGT 200-300
- Increased Mid Range power
- Duration at .050″ of lift 188 Intake, 220 Exhaust
- Valve springs are meant to prevent valve float and improve overall performance
- Heavy duty pushrods prevents loss in valve lift or retarded timing
- On a 24 valve engines, you will need .018″ or less piston protrusion and at least .038″ valve face depth with a standard gasket. If you do not meet the minimum requirements for piston to valve clearance, don’t worry, you can still run an oversize head gasket or cut valve reliefs.
- Works great on 24v applications with 66mm or smaller charger for low rpm or with large singles at higher rpm.
- Moderate singles, or set of compounds on 24v engines except vp-44 trucks, you will need a 178-208
- Weekend warrior
- Drag strip
- Stock class pulling
To make sure that you have no issues during break-in, follow these few suggestions.
- Make sure that the cam has a Liberal amount of quality assembly lube applied
- DO NOT let the engine start without oil pressure
- When this is a new engine, be sure to put a liberal amount of assembly lube in the oil pump and prime the oil filter
- Be sure to change the oil after you have done your break-in procedure. When the filter and oil system are already primed, engine will get oil pressure much faster than if the oil is changed at the same time.
- Disconnect the fuel system and spin the engine with the starter until oil pressure can be read or until oil is coming out of the rocker arms.
- Do not let the starter run for more than 10 seconds at a time
- Once oil pressure has been verified, let the engine start and run for five minutes at 1200-1500rpm then shut engine down
- Adjust valves then you are cleared to abuse your engine. Enjoy the added airflow
- if you need to re-torque or “hot-torque “the head, do so before adjusting valves. Re-torqueing the head changes the valve lash setting, so it is important to set lash last.
2003 – 2007 5.9L, 2007.5 – 2018 6.7L, 1998.5 – 2002 5.9L
Type (Street Only)
Manufactured RIGHT HERE in the U.S.A.
Our kit will get the job done!
Please call or text (216) 408-6455 any day or time. Someone is always available to answer questions.
Hamilton Cams 24V 188/220 Camshaft, Spings, Pushrods, Tappets for Dodge Cummins
The product sold above if used for modification of a vehicle in any way or as stated above for any vehicle is not associated with the vehicle manufacturer. The seller is not a certified mechanic and assumes no responsibility for damage, liability, or injury that may result to you, your vehicle, and/or others.