Hamilton Cams 178/208 Cast Camshaft for Dodge Cummins 5.9/6.7L 1989-2018 PN: 07-c-178/208
• 178/208 Camshaft (fits 89-2018 Cummins)
• RPM Range: Idle-4,000
• Drops EGT 200-300
• Duration at .050″ of lift 178 Intake, 208 Exhaust .290 intake lift .310 exhaust lift
• Warranties will not be considered unless you use Hamilton cams Tappets and springs
• For it to be “drop in” on a 12v you will need no more than .020″ piston protrusion and at least .055″ valve face depth with a standard head gasket and a 99 intake centerline. On a 24v you will need no more than .020″ piston protrusion and at least .038″ valve face depth with a standard gasket. If you do not meet the minimum requirements for piston to valve clearance, don’t worry, you can still run an oversize head gasket or cut valve reliefs.
• Although this is considered a drop in cam it is important to check clearances
• We always recommend new lifters when changing a cam.
• Pulling applications, Low rpm performance, Large or small singles or twins, desire for increased all around efficiency
To make sure that you have no issues during break-in, follow these few suggestions.
• Make sure that the cam has a Liberal amount of quality assembly lube applied
• DO NOT let the engine start without oil pressure
• When this is a new engine, be sure to put a liberal amount of assembly lube in the oil pump and prime the oil filter
• Be sure to change the oil after you have done your break-in procedure. When the filter and oil system are already primed, engine will get oil pressure much faster than if the oil is changed at the same time.
• Disconnect the fuel system and spin the engine with the starter until oil pressure can be read or until oil is coming out of the rocker arms.
• Do not let the starter run for more than 10 seconds at a time
• Once oil pressure has been verified, let the engine start and run for five minutes at 1200-1500rpm then shut engine down
• Adjust valves then you are cleared to abuse your engine. Enjoy the added airflow
• If you need to re-torque or “hot-torque “the head, do so before adjusting valves. Re-torqueing the head changes the valve lash setting, so it is important to set lash last
Engine Model 2003 – 2007 5.9L, 2007.5 – 2018 6.7L, 1998.5 – 2002 5.9L, 1989-1998 12V
Engine Type Competition, Street
Type (Street Only) ValveTrain
Manufactured RIGHT HERE in the U.S.A.
Our kit will get the job done!
Please call or text (216) 408-6455 any day or time. Someone is always available to answer questions.
Hamilton Cams 178/208 Cast Camshaft for Dodge 5.9L/6.7L Cummins PN: 07-c-178/208
The product sold above if used for modification of a vehicle in any way or as stated above for any vehicle is not associated with the vehicle manufacturer. The seller is not a certified mechanic and assumes no responsibility for damage, liability, or injury that may result to you, your vehicle, and/or others.